FILM + announces the participants of the fifth edition, following the open call for projects submitted this summer.
From the 108 projects proposed by filmmakers from Bulgaria, Moldova, Romania and Serbia, 16 projects were selected for this edition, of which: five documentary feature films, two fiction feature films and nine fiction short films.
Representatives of selected projects from Romania, Bulgaria, Moldova and Serbia will meet in October in Bucharest, depending on the situation in Romania related to the COVID-19 pandemic, in a residence including masterclasses, individual guidance sessions , laboratories, followed by the establishment of the work schedule for each project, tailored to their needs. The work program of the fifth edition of FILM+ will also include, in the first part of 2021, working sessions in Chișinău, Belgrade and Sofia.
The projects selected for the 5th edition of Film + are:
Work in Progress:
- Dragoș Hanciu – The Man and His Shadow, ROMANIA, documentary feature
- Biljana Kirilova & Neda Milanova Voev – Greetings to the Gods, BULGARIA documentary feature
- Alexandr Dzechis – Blocul 2, MOLDOVA, documentary feature;
- Dumitru Grosei & Arcadie Plăcintă – Călătorie în timp – de la Bonn la Speia, MOLDOVA, documentary feature.
- Paul Chirilă – 5000KM, ROMÂNIA, documentary feature
- Hayat Aljowaily și Kaja Grujic – Last Call, SERBIA, fiction short
- Monica Stan – Drumul Dragonului, ROMÂNIA, fiction short
- Andrei Răuțu – Se văd stelele în noaptea asta?, ROMÂNIA, fiction short
- Kristina Spassovska – Everything Tastes Strange Today, BULGARIA, fiction short
- Eugeniu Bocancea – Lecție de maturitate, MOLDOVA, fiction feature
- Tamara Brocic – Worlds Apart, SERBIA, fiction short
- Kosta Karakashyan – Us, BULGARIA, fiction short
- Alex Mircioi – Toma și prietenii lui, ROMÂNIA, fiction short
- Vasile Todincă – Calmul unei dimineți de iarnă, ROMÂNIA – fiction short
- Sorin Poamă – Cut It, ROMÂNIA, fiction short
FILM+ Expanded: Elena Morar – Tender is the Night, ROMÂNIA, fiction short
FILM + HIGHLIGHTS at Transilvania International Film Festival, Cluj-Napoca
FILM + presented the highlights of the program in a special meeting during the Romanian Days section of TIFF 2020, on August 6th, from 5PM, at CASA TIFF.
Ana Drăghici, cinematographer, Anamaria Antoci, producer, Paul Negoescu, director and Alex Trăilă, cinema consultant, the FILM+ co-founders, took part in a Q&A session with the audience interested in finding out more about the alternative means of support for independent productions from Romania, Moldova, Bulgaria and Serbia.
FILM PLUS Work in Progress LAB talents presented their projects online, during Sofia Meetings!
The FILM + Work in Progress LAB talents have presented their projects during Sofia Meetings, a prestigious professional event dedicated to the independent European film industry. The event was held online on Festival Scope from May 27th to May 31st.
Sofia Meetings is a co-production market with a Works in Progress section which has the mission to increase the exposure of European films and talents and support promising European projects along with developing a space for networking within the A/V industry. Sofia Meetings is supported by Creative Europe MEDIA programme of the European Union, Bulgarian National Film Center, Sofia Municipality and Ministry of Culture.
The four films presented by the FILM + participants are:
“Spring Song” (Serbia, feature film) – Natalija Avramovic
“Scene logăneștene” (Moldova/România, feature film) – Nicolae Gaburici
“Lament for the Silent Fool” (Bulgaria, feature film) – Dimitar Kutmanov
“Everything For Riana” (Romania, documentary) – Mihai Gavril Dragolea
Our team is ready for the web & pop up sessions, set for March 1st, 2020 @ Jugoslav Film Archive (room 2).
- The Film + participants are invited to a Mentoring session with Ivana Mladenovic (room 1, 09:30 – 17:00).
- The public is invited to an introductory session with Alex Traila, from 11:00, followed by a presentation on Film financing, sources of finance, film markets (12:00 – 12:30, room 2).